Friday, June 10, 2011

London Calling

It is currently 5:30 local time here in London and I am sitting on my bed in the hotel.
As you may know already, I caught a bullet train to London from France. The train trip took 2 and a half hours.
The London train station is pretty huge, and it took ages to get out of the station and grab a taxi.

When we finally got to the hotel, there was a slight problem.
The woman that was staying in the room I had booked before me had a medical emergency and can't check out until tomorrow.
The only spare room is a very small room and they managed to cram to single beds in. Albeit they are both sitting right next to each other.
There is virtually no space now in the room. It is REALLY small, but at least it is only for tonight.
What a great start to my 2 weeks in England.

Because of this woman's unfortunate incident, both this room and my actual room that the woman is still in have to be cleared for the cleaners.
This means I have to spend all of tomorrow in the city out of the hotel. I was planning on spending tomorrow lazing and catching up on some energy after a week of running around 2 different cities looking at all the sites.
Not that I have any idea what I will be doing tomorrow, but London is huge and has plenty to do so I won't get stuck.

I will be London for the next week so it's going to be fun.
After that, I catch a train to Bolton via Manchester.
Bolton is a small town that my father grew up in so that could be interesting.
I will spend that following week traveling around some local areas and seeing what goes down.

Internet is not free at this hotel so don't expect to hear from me often, but keep checking this blog or my facebook if you are interesting in keeping up with what's happening. :)

I believe that's all for now. I need to buy some internet and upload this. I am currently writing this in Notepad haha.
But first, I want to eat and have a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

gogogo