Thursday, June 9, 2011

My time in Paris

I've only been in Paris for the last 3 and a half days, but I have done and seen so many great things.
Of course, I saw the Eiffel Tower.
Among others are:
The Arc De Triomph,
Notre Damn Cathedral,
Montparnasse
Palais Garnier,
The Pantheon,
Place De Vosgos,
Flame of Liberty,
And various other buildings. Majority of which were seen as part of a bus-refined tour around the city.

I didn't get up to alot aside from seeing all these landmarks.
I ate heaps of food including some croissants and french fries, had a few lazy drinks at a local pub and lazed about in the city in general.

But seeing all of those buildings was definitely the best part about Paris.
There are so many beautiful buildings here and so many of them are so old it's incredible.
The Notre Damn Cathedral was probably my personal favourite with its aesthetic pleasure. Absolutely beautiful architecture.

The first night I was here, I visited an area across the river from the Eiffel Tower which provided the best viewing spot.
Behind it there was an electric storm and I took some videos as it closed in on us. Looked amazing.
This storm eventually caught up to us and I ran to the nearest metro, getting soaked in the process. When the rain died down a little bit, I walked back to the hotel.
The rain and lightning didn't stop all night.
The weather on the 8th was the worst: Cold and wet all day.

I went up a tower called Montparnasse but because of the weather, the visibility was reduced. But so was the price of going up.
The view was still remarkable despite the heavy fog. The tower allowed a complete 360 degree view of the surrounding city, with half of the Eiffel Tower visible underneath the fog.
The rainy weather meant the windows were wet so the photos didn't come out the greatest.
Next to the Montparnasse was a shopping mall. I looked around there a little bit but didn't see anything interesting.

Today (9th June) I had a lazy day, but I bought myself a bottle of French Rum. I can't wait to crack it open when I get back home!
Also today, well tonight, I will be attending a System of A Down Concert. SO KEEN FOR THAT.

And I believe that is all I really have to talk about. Check my facebook for photos!

I have had a great time in Paris and I think that this country is absolutely beautiful.
Tomorrow I catch a train to London where I will be traveling around England for 2 weeks.

Until next time, bye! :)

1 comment:

  1. Dude, jealous.
    I wish I could go back, it was awesome.
    No louvre?

    -Mac

    ReplyDelete

gogogo