Saturday, June 11, 2011

London journal entry 2

Today I had to vacate the hotel room that I was given by 10 am.
It was definitely the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in so I was glad to leave.

After packing up my stuff and leaving at the hotel for the people to move when my proper was ready, I grabbed some breakfast.
I found a little cafe thing that did a huge breakfast, so I had that.
From there I went to a big stadium called O2. In there, I went to a museum.
This museum showed the history of popular music in Britain.
It went from old rock in the 50s through early heavy metal, to punk and to the modern pop rock bands. It was actually really sweet. I spent alot of time in there. It had heaps of items that were actually owned by the musicians, such as Ozzy Osbourne's stage coat and one of Brian May's guitars. Absolutely fascinating.
Unfortunately, photography was not allowed in the exhibit. But I did get a good photo of me with a huge statue of Eddie the Head (Iron Maiden's mascot) outside the museum which was sweet.

After that, I had some Starbuck's coffee and caught the train back to the hotel. I got the key to my proper room and it is much much nicer. I unpacked and now I sit here typing up this blog.

Tomorrow I will be taking it easy because I am really exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

gogogo